- Recommended cumulative GPA of 2.8
- Must be enrolled in a degree program
- Completed Application
- Must have the credit-hours of a rising Sophomore or higher (30 credits)
- 18 hour commitment for the minor.
- 24 hour commitment for the certificate.
- Students are required to complete an externship where they work on site at least 6 hours a week.
- The MEBUS Program is largely based around events. Students will be required to participate in all aspects of these events.
You Should Know That:
- Once you have been accepted to the Joel A. Katz Music and Entertainment Business Program, you may register for courses.
- You do not need to be an artist or musician to join the program.
- The certificate takes 24-credit hours of coursework to complete, and it is typically fulfilled within three to four semesters.
- The minor takes 18-credit hours of cousework to complete, and is typically fulfilled within three to four semesters.
- A one-hour introduction course (MEBU 1101) is offered, but is not required, nor does it count towards the completetion of the program.
- The MEBUS Program is open to ALL majors, and the requirements to complete the certificate depend on your major.
- Job placement is a primary goal of the Music and Entertainment Business Program.
- The program provides students with externship opportunities to develop professional relationships in the music and entertainment industry.
Currently accepting applications for Fall 2024!
*Before starting the application, keep in mind that you will be asked to attach a copy of your resumé, an essay submission, and a PDF of your DegreeWorks