- Recommended cumulative GPA of 2.8
- Must be enrolled in a degree program
- Completed Application
- 18 hour commitment for the minor.
- 24 hour commitment for the certificate.
- Students are required to complete an externship where they work on site at least 6
hours a week.
- The MEBUS Program is largely based around events. Students will be required to participate
in all aspects of these events.
Click here for Minor Requirements
Certificate Requirements by Degree:
Click here for BA Requirements
Click here for BBA Requirements
Click here for BM Requirements
Click here for BS Requirements
Click here for Program Overview
You Should Know That:
- Once you have been accepted to the Joel A. Katz Music and Entertainment Business Program,
you may register for courses.
- You do not need to be an artist or musician to join the program.
- The certificate takes 24-credit hours of coursework to complete, and it is typically
fulfilled within three to four semesters.
- The minor takes 18-credit hours of cousework to complete, and is typically fulfilled
within three to four semesters.
- A one-hour introduction course (MEBU 1101) is offered, but is not required, nor does
it count towards the completetion of the program.
- The MEBUS Program is open to ALL majors, and the requirements to complete the program
depend on your major.
- There are no additional fees for adding the MEBUS certificate to your degree.
- Job placement is a primary goal of the Music and Entertainment Business Program.
- The program provides students with externship opportunities to develop professional
relationships in the music and entertainment industry.
Click Here to Download KSUMEBUS Application