Disney Study Away
KSU Disney Program Promo Video from Andrew Pritchett on Vimeo.The Joel A. Katz Music and Entertainment Business Program (MEBUS) and the College of Computing and Software Engineering (CCSE) are excited to offer a new, interdisciplinary "study away" opportunity for undergraduate students.
The KSU Disney Interactive Entertainment Study program involves music, film, television, video game, computer graphics, 3D modeling and animation, AR/VR, behind-the-scenes tours, lectures from Disney Imagineers, and projects for students inside the Walt Disney World® Resort. Explore how Disney and Pixar pioneer world-changing entertainment technology.
- Engage in exciting classroom activities for two weeks at KSU.
- Explore the Walt Disney World® Resort for a week in the four parks.
- Interact with speakers inside and outside the resort.
- Relate Disney experiences (including transportation, hotel and in-park activities) to your learning/courses.
- Wrap up with post-production and development work for a week back in the classroom and labs at KSU.
Students will work in interdisciplinary teams and complete reflective assignments each day during the on-site experience, develop a significant project for their portfolio, and present these creations at the end of the summer term. All expectations of the CS, CGDD, and MEBU courses will be met through a customized experience at KSU and at Disney.
As part of the KSU Disney Interactive Entertainment program, you will pick two of the following four-week summer courses and earn six credits toward graduation:
- CS 4722 – Computer Graphics and Multimedia
- MEBU 4490 – Creative Adaptability (Film & TV Productions)
- MEBU 2270 – Entertainment Media Production
- CGDD 4113 – 3D Modeling and Animation
Your KSU classes will meet before and after the on-site experience, and your on-site Disney experience/assignments will be customized to the classes in which you are enrolled.
Application Deadline: We will begin accepting applications in September 2019. For full consideration, apply by January 17, 2020.